Monday

January 3, 2011

Dear blog of mine,
It's been awhile since I posted. I promise I won't neglect you any longer.

We were given Christmas Eve off, and I took the entire next week off from work. 10 WHOLE DAYS OF VACATION! It went by too quickly, and I feel super refreshed and happy. The past 10 days were fantastic. We went to Nanny's for Christmas Eve/morning, and spend the afternoon with Dad. My family and I got to spend a lot of time together, which is so important nowadays since all of my siblings and I live in different cities with completely different life schedules. Rachie is at UT, my brother is a grad student in Houston, soon to be moving up to big D for a hoity-toity fancy-schmancy accounting firm internship, and here I am working full time. It's funny how we've grown up, but we all decided that we'll always be close to each other. I had a heart to heart with Stephen in the car one afternoon, which may have been the first time EVER. MY FAMILY IS THE GREATEST!

Not only did I get to spend a lot of time with my family, but friends were all home for the holidays, as well, and it was a rare treat to see some old faces together again, as well as meeting some cool new people!

New Years was great, too. Christine and Roger were in town for a wedding, and some of their friends plus Alicia and I (after waiting an hour for a cab) went to dinner, then to Victory Park in an attempt to watch the fireworks and ring in the new year. However, it was crowded and smelled bad, so we went to a cool bar and spent the night laughing and having a chill time :)

Today was the first day back at work. womp womp. I was pretty ready to be back, but now I feel like I need a vacation again :) I'm excited to get stuff going again, and I hope this turns out to be a good year for me!

Why today was good:
I walked home for lunch today. That was fun! I made a salad and put baby corn in it. WHO DOESN'T LOVE BABY CORN?!
I also put some chicken in it, and left some little pieces of chicken out on the counter for the cat to eat. :)
Alicia lent me this book called "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell". It's awful but I can't put it down.
My boss brought us all chocolate from Germany!
I bought pictures to put in my new collage for my wall. YAY.

2 comments:

  1. Is that the Tucker Max book? He was at Duke (law?) when he wrote it. I haven't read it, but in college my roommate did and she read some parts of it aloud to me, haha. I'm glad to see the updates are back!!

    ReplyDelete