Tuesday

January 25, 2011

Yesterday's joys:
1. My brother sent me a text in the morning saying "I love you big sis, kick some rat ass today." <3
2. I responded by sending him, my dad, and my sister a picture of a mouse I killed with it's intestines and uteran horn + embryos hanging out. I followed it up with a picture of said embryos in a petri dish. Everyone was grossed out and it was awesome. I sent them to James and Scott eventually, and they both freaked out. I enjoyed that greatly.
3. Dinner with Alicia and Elizabeth. Girl talk yayayayayayayay :)

Today's joys:
1. I was feeling super super stressed today, but I asked the undergrad intern for some help and he followed through in a BIG way. He embedded some hearts for me (which takes a good 2.5 hours), froze them into a block, and sectioned them for me. Seriously, this saved me probably 3 or 4 hours of work. I am so indebted to him today. WOW. Nice nice guy. It made me feel really cool today, also. Normally people give me work to do to help them on their experiments, and finally, I got to be the one asking for help on menial but time consuming tasks. But yay, Tao, for saving the day!
2. At zumba, two girls introduced themselves to me. They work at a church downtown, and they were very nice. New friends! yay!
3. I made this awesome sausage and vegetable stew. OMG it tastes so good, and it's really more substance than broth, which I really really really like.
4. I got to catch up with Diana and Megan via phone. <3 those girls!

1 comment: