Wednesday

January 12, 2011

WAH! I didn't post yesterday! I was so sleepy!! Which bummed me out because there were lots of little joys found in yesterday's events.

1. Even though I worked til 7, I got to know more about these new people in our lab, and I think they will be very cool.
2. Elizabeth volunteered to pick me up to go to the Young Catholic Professionals event, which was super nice and out of her way, because I was stuck at work til 7. I thought she would be waiting on me, and that stressed me out tremendously, but she literally called me the second I opened my apartment door. Seriously, perfect timing.
3. The speaker last night was super cool, and we got to meet a lot of cool new people, including a food scientist for Pizza Hut and another girl starting grad school at UTA. I saw Ashley and Paul there, along with a few other people I've met the past few events. :)
4. Elizabeth and I had a great heart to heart in her car when she dropped me off, and I like having great conversations like that.
5. Somehow in the middle of the night, the cat climbed into my t-shirt drawer and then proceeded to get itself stuck. So around 3 am I hear this weird noise, figure it's the cat causing mischief, only to find it hanging in my clothes in my dresser.... hahaha.

Today!
1. Everyone felt so cohesive at work today. Everyone was in a great mood, cracking jokes, working together.... it was just a joy to be around everyone today.
2. I've had this itch to redecorate my room, but then I called my mom to get some advice, and she poo pooed the entire idea, saying I need to wait til I get where I'm moving to. Save money now and do it later. Which made me REALLY sad since I was at the store picking out things I loved. So I started trudging out of the store having a little pity-party, and then I looked up and this random girl smiled at me. And seriously, the power of a smile is amazing. I snapped out of that stupid funk, realized my mom was right, and I felt better. Thanks, random girl in the store.
3!!! THE MOST AWESOME THING HAPPENED TODAY. Apparently, they raised the coke machine prices to $1.50 (or maybe it has been that price for awhile but I just thought they were $1.25? Who knows). Anyway, I only took $1.25 down to the coke machine. I put it in, press Coke Zero, and the machine is like NO YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT IT'S 1.50!!! And it won't return my change. There are people waiting behind me, offering me only scowls and no help or words of encouragement or anything. Then, thank the Lord, as I'm banging on the machine, these guys walk out into the hall (I think they were maintenance guys):

Guy: Machine eat your money? Ate mine last week!
Me: WAH. I know! I don't know what to do! It won't give me my change back!
Guy: Oh! Looks like you just need a quarter right?
Me: Yeah, but I have one upstairs, I just....
Guy: Hold on, let me get you a quarter.

The guy goes up to all his buddies in the hall asking for a quarter.
They don't have one.
Guy runs outside to catch someone else... yelling HEY GIVE ME A QUARTER.
Guy gives me a quarter.
I buy coke zero.

WHAT A NICE GUY!!!!

And then I end the night with a skype session with Christine, Lisa, and Ray. And then I find a really nice comment from Kayla on my last post. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL DAY

2 comments:

  1. Woah I can't believe no one in line lent you some!! At the school cafeteria they don't take debit cards so if you don't have enough money on your school account or cash, you're kind of screwed and hold up the line. The last time someone didn't have enough money in front of me I just bought their lunch. Efficiency, people.

    ReplyDelete