Wednesday

September 29, 2010

Angela came into town! I haven't seen her since she moved to West Virginia! We met up with Heidi/Drew, Yajaira/Alfredo, and it's always so wonderful to reconnect with those TL girls :) TL brought me a lot of joy in college, and it's nice to have those friendships continuing on! It was trivia night at Plucker's. I actually got a few questions right, including Colt McCoy's real first name. At least my mini-obsession with Colt is finally paying off! Also, I know a lot of inventors, apparently!

The other day, I read this article somewhere about how this guy hasn't taken a vacation in years, but he feels he doesn't need to because he "takes vacations every day" by allowing himself time to just chill out and do something relaxing/fun/rejuvenating. Since I can't take a vacation, I think maybe I'll try to do something like that everyday. Usually, I'll eat my lunch in the break room and then go back to work, within 30 minutes if nobody is eating at the same times, maybe a little longer if someone is there and we strike up a conversation. Today, the weather was perfect, so I heated up my leftover shepherd's pie, grabbed my UT mug, and went outside to eat. I also had my book in my purse (I'm reading Zorro and it's fantastic), so I read it for about 20 minutes before I had to head back inside. It felt really nice, and although I didn't take my full hour like I wanted, it was still refreshing.

Also, I had an AWESOME hair day.

No comments:

Post a Comment