Wednesday

September 22, 2010

Joyous moments of today:

1. We ran out of a reagent for qPCR today, so I had to go downstairs and get another box out of a freezer which stocks for the entire campus. You place your order in the computer, then fill out a form and go grab your stuff. I bought the small box last time, and I was advised to buy the bigger box this time around since we use it so much. This is our paraphrased discussion on the matter.

Mingfu: All of these tubes are empty, did they come empty?
Asha: I used almost 3 tubes.
Me: I used almost a whole tube.
Mingfu: Oh, okay. Sometimes when you get the box you have to check and make sure the tubes aren't empty. Some people take the tubes out of the box without paying for them.
Me: How many tubes are there supposed to be?
Mingfu: Five.
Me: Oh. When I bought the box there were 4 tubes in there...
Mingfu and Asha laugh.
Me: ARE YOU SERIOUS? We got ripped off an entire tube?! I thought it was weird that there was a missing hole but I thought that was how it was supposed to be!!
We all laugh for awhile.

10 minutes later:
Asha: Mingfu, why are you smiling so much?
Mingfu: Because Emily made a funny joke. She lied to tell a joke.
Me: That wasn't a joke! That was a true story!
We all laugh harder.

I got a new box, and I checked to make sure it had the right amount of tubes :)

2. I started feeling REALLY tired about 4:00, so I went to the campus store, and I couldn't decide what tasty caffeinated beverage I should buy. These two ladies come in, and they pick up every bag of chips, every piece of candy, and JABBER (seriously the best word to describe them) about how many calories each thing has. They discuss at length the number of calories they have consumed so far that day, and go ballistic about how many grams of this and that each thing has. The girl at the register and I are cool, and we both laugh as I put my Dr. Pepper and bag of M&Ms on the counter :) I enjoyed the heck out of both of them, and I am not ashamed of the calories I ate!

3. I tried an indoor cycling class at the Y today. As I walked down the stairs, my legs got all jello-y, and it felt silly. I laughed the whole way to the car.

1 comment: