Monday

September 20, 2010

Little joyous moments of today:

1. HIMYM is back!!!! Great premiere!
2. Everyone in the lab asked me how my weekend was, and it made me feel happy and important :)
3. I spent a considerable amount of time tonight making up stupid sentences to remember GRE words. Examples:

a. Dearth: smallness of quantity or number; scarcity; a lack.
My sentence: De earth has a dearth of natural resources because we used them all up.

b. Chary: wary; cautious; sparing
My sentence: I would be chary about eating charred chicken.

c. truculent: fierce and cruel; eager to fight
My sentence: The girl at TTU was truculent and wanted to fight after I told her her cheer didn't make any sense.

^True story. This girl was yelling "Walmart Rollback!!" and then looked at my sister and I and rudely said, "Better get your guns up!" To which I retorted, "Does that even make any sense?" (Because seriously, that chant is just weird, and I had no idea what it was supposed to mean/how it was supposed to offend me.) She then broke away from her little gaggle of girls saying, "What did you say?!?! Are you talking to me?!?!"

REALLY, dumb Tech girl, REALLY?

Also, Stephen's friends explained to us later that people at Tech have this joke about how all UT fans didn't actually go to school there or have any affiliation, they just buy the shirts... at Walmart... at rollback prices... apparently? Haha! I wanted to punch that girl and leave the imprint of my UT RING in her face.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha that girl sucks. I bet she wishes she were as awesome as you. Also, haha to your sentences. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog!I like your posts and masteryourgre.com. They are useful for me.

    ReplyDelete