Monday

November 22, 2010

EPIC WEEKEND. I always feel like I can't write about how great stuff is when awesomeness piles up (like on weekends like this). I'll hit the highlights:

Friday! My boss brought a cake and sang happy birthday to me! Beer hour afterward, and Caroline, Chris, Seung Tae, and I sat around and talked for awhile as I waited for Jaime to come pick me up! Jaime and I had a great time driving to Austin! We stopped at Czech stop for kolaches, and we sang the Eyes of Texas as we drove past the tower. I LOVE AUSTIN. We hung out with Jamie, Ramon, and Nathan for a second, and then Vanessa and I stayed up late talking. I LOVE GOOD CONVOS WITH GREAT FRIENDS.

Saturday! WARRIOR DASH!!!!! IT WAS SO AWESOME!!! We left at 8ish, and our wave started at 10! Vanessa and I stuck together, and we were proud of ourselves because we jogged almost the whole way! The obstacles were really fun: we jumped over bales of hay and rusted cars, climbed cargo nets and through spiderweb rope things, ran through a muddy stream and slid down a pile of mud on our butts, and then jumped over FIRE and threw ourselves into a mud pit with barbed wire over it! WE GOT SO NASTY AND MUDDY AND IT WAS SO FANTASTIC! We rinsed off in a big fire hose, donated our shoes, and got some beer and pork sammiches. I want to write more about it but I'm so sleepy. The rest of the day was great, too; we hung around to meet Jamie, Jaime, Nathan, and Ramon. Their costumes looked great, and we took some great pictures of them. Later, Vanessa and I met my dad, Rachie, and Parth for dinner, and then we headed back to Jamie's to eat cake and brownies. Sharon, Ray, and James joined us for a little bit. We had fun hanging out and looking at pictures of the day! Vanessa and I PASSED OUT sitting up on the couch when we got back to her place. SO TIRED.

Sunday! Went to mass at the UCC, which is always so nice, and saw Daniel! Then we all went to Pluckers, ate some wings, and watched football. Jaime and I got on the road shortly after, Ray following, and Jaime's tire blew out right after we made a joke about Ray probably having to stop and help someone with a tire blowout. Although it sucked, it was nice to hang out with those boys at Walmart while Jaime got his tire replaced. We got back to D around 9, where I threw my stuff down in my apt and rushed to 1013 to catch the end of their Thanksgiving celebration! Scott made a great turkey, and everyone else made some fantastic sides. I am very thankful for the groups of friends I have in both Austin and Dallas. FANTASTIC PEOPLE IN MY LIFE! How did I get so lucky?

Today! Kris cooked chili and gave me a nice birthday card. I used my Kohl's cash to buy some fuzzy black boots. Work went by really quickly, and I enjoyed coming home for lunch and picking up my room and getting my life back together. My roommate gave me a raccoon pillow she made! SO ADORABLE. Yay. There was a random little door outside of the bathroom door at the lab today. I was opened the door to leave, and she's standing right outside the door in something that resembled some kind of warrior type pose. And she saw me and she immediately stopped, saying "I'm waiting for my sister!!" She was adorable. I wore my fuzzy warrior hat to work this morning and it was great. The end.

1 comment: