Sunday

October 3, 2010

This weekend was so fantastic, there is so much I want to remember. This may take awhile to type out.

First of all, I was upset when I typed my Thursday post. That was because I had just backed my car into a column and cracked all the plastic on my taillight, and dented in the back corner of my poor little car. And then the gate of my complex wouldn't let me in, so I had to walk around the other side of the building to get in. And then my roommate had locked the deadbolt on accident, so I couldn't get in for a little bit. After the horrendous day I had, this was the icing on the cake. But in retrospect, it's actually pretty funny :) Greg assures me this won't be an expensive thing to fix, thank goodness!

Friday was a great day. I don't remember too much about work, except that Michelle brought apple spice cake to celebrate Young Dae's last day. I also bought lunch at the cafeteria, and it was some kind of cod with saffron cous cous, and it was SO good. I like reading during lunch, I will continue this! The weather was gorgeous after work, and I wanted to start my Warrior Dash training (so Vanessa doesn't make me look like a fool here in a month)! I went for a run/walk (5 mins walk, 5 run, 5 walk, etc) for maybe 40 minutes or so? And good Lord. There were SO many good looking, tan, shirtless men with great abs running past me. And a majority of them had dogs. WHAT. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! I think I'll like running if this scenery keeps up...

But I digress. Quick trip for some groceries, and a quick rinse off, then Jon comes over, and then shortly after Heather gets in from Houston (YAAAAAAAAY), and then Scott, Greg, and Raegan arrive. We leave for dinner at Toulouse, some really nice local French restaurant. It had a fabulous patio, and everyone's food was really good! I got lobster bisque and this drink with champagne and strawberries. Afterwards, we went back and played bananagram and dominoes at my apt :)

Saturday! TEXAS vs OU!! STATE FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woke up, went to the lab, came back. Blah. Heather and I loaded up on donuts and headed out to the fair!!! We took a shuttle there, and it beat a lot of traffic, which made for very happy Emily/Heather. We ran into Diana's cousin right when we walked in. Yay! We bought coupons (short line... YAY!), and met up with Julia/Eugene/Barbara/Melissa/Matt behind Big Tex (so we didn't have to look at his creepy face). It was soooooooooooooooooooo awesome to see them again! They let me try some of their fried beer, which was absolutely disgusting. Went to the petting zoo because they had a BABY GIRAFFE! After waiting awhile and pushing little kids, I finally got to touch it, and it ate out of my hand, and I was soooooo happy! Yay! They also had baby goats, pigs, longhorns, llamas, zebras, everything. So great!

Corny dogs. So awesome.

Throughout the day, the group of us also tried fried margaritas, p.b. & j with bananas (Heather's faves), friend queso, fried guacamole, funnel cake, fried cookie dough... and I think that might be it. Last year we ate fried grilled cheese, and that was good :)

The game wasn't so good, but it's always fun to be there around everyone, UT and OU fans alike. In fact, while we were watching the first quarter, we befriended some OU alumni. One proceeded to give me a backrub and tell me that although he hates orange, he thought I looked really good in it. After awhile, we got creeped out and moved to a table under a tree, and watched bits and pieces through the branches. Eventually, we decided the horns looked pretty sloppy, so we went to the rides. At some point I ran into my old friend, Ryan, from high school. Nice to see that fool again.

We rode crazy mouse. I thought we were going to die. Julia and I were hanging off the track. Looking back, it was really fun, but at the moment.... not so much. We did, however, get our picture taken, and it was hilaaaaaaaaaaarious. We had to buy it. I look absolutely terrified while everyone else looks like they are having a blast.


Okay, it's bed time but I'll finish tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously upset at you guys for petting a baby giraffe and longhorn without me. Also please post that picture because it sounds hilarious.

    ReplyDelete