Sunday

October 17, 2010 (again)

A plethora of good things came out of today (and the rest of the weekend that I forgot to mention:

Friday: Secured my 3rd recommender! Belinda gave me some GREAT advice when looking for schools and writing my essays. YAY!!

Friday: E invited us to go see some people she know's band The Rusty Brothers. It was my first time in Deep Ellum, and I have to say, I really liked that part of town, although everyone knocks it for being sketchy (and I'm sure it deserves that reputation). It reminded me of downtown Austin. Sigh. Austin.

Today: SLEEPING LATE, posted on this here blawg. Then I went out to fix my tail light. So when I backed into that column last week, it didn't break any of the lights, just all that colored plastic and framework stuff. So my dad ordered me a new one, and I got it yesterday. It was supposed to be an unscrew/pop out the old/pop in the new/re-screw kind of job, as my dad demonstrated for me last weekend. But noooooooooooo. It's not. I get everything primed and ready to go, come to find out the old lightbulb socket things don't fit into the new plastic thing. The new one comes with new lights and wires and stuff, but somehow, they are supposed to plug in WAY inside my car where I can't get to. I make a few frantic phone calls to my good boy friends here, who are so great and gave me some suggestions, and to my dad, who had to listen to me freak out about everything. He told me to cut the old and the new wires with scissors, rip off the insulation with a knife, then wrap the copper of each corresponding wire to each other. Well. I about threw a fit and moped around for awhile, and then decided to grow up and just do it. So I read on google how to splice wires, and then armed with 3 pairs of scissors, 2 knifes, and several screwdrivers and my phone (which I used to call my dad multiple times to tell him how much this sucked... until he gave me a few tips and then it went super quickly and easily), 14 wires were successfully spliced (successful as far as I know). YAY! I DID IT!!!!!!! I didn't think I could do it, but I did!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY.

Celebratory lap swimming. Felt so nice to be in the water.

I got a crap ton done on my SOPHAS application today. I am excited and happy.

2 comments:

  1. Omg you are so car savvy. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the impressed! you splice those wires, girl. I would've taken it to jiffy lube. haha.

    ReplyDelete