Thursday

October 21, 2010

OMG TODAY WAS THE BEST DAY.
Like.... seriously.

I had 4 solid hours of cranking out stuff this morning at work. And then... I think the past couple weeks of being frazzled/frantic/worried about applications/essays/grad school/moving away/life all kind of hit me, and then I started feeling like poo, and that I REALLY just needed to get out of there. So at lunchtime I left work. I just left. I really didn't have much to do in the afternoon, so I emailed my boss saying I wasn't feeling well, and then I went home and ate lunch.

I had the intention of laying down and trying to rest and feel better. But all I could do was feel guilty about how I could be using this time to work on my stupid essays and how I really shouldn't have left work. And then I thought NO. THAT IS SO LAME.

So I went shopping. The other day I realized how I haven't bought any new clothes (except for a new dress) since I've started working, so I bought the daily groupon for this forever-21-ish looking store in uptown. What the heck right? SO TODAY I WENT SHOPPING. And by shopping I mean I went to this stores, touched a lot of shirts (as my dad puts it), tried on a bunch of cute things that would look cuter on someone else, and finally found a shirt I liked. I had so much fun browsing! I never get much joy out of shopping, but it was nice! So instead of heading back to my car, I walked around uptown for a little bit, looking in the windows of the fancy boutiques, went to Borders and touched a lot of books, spent a considerable chunk of time in the travel section, and somehow ended up in the 'how to write resume/cover letter' shelf, to which I scolded myself and moved along.

AND THEN I BOUGHT FRO YO. From orange cup. It was nice! I sat outside and ate it by myself, which is fun, because I like hanging out with myself. I realized that not too long ago, I thought doing things alone was lame and only for people with no friends. But honestly, wow. I'm so glad I grew up and out of that frame of mind. People looked at me with curiosity or confusion or condescension (or whatever it was), but I really didn't care. I was sitting in the sunshine, eating fro-yo, and really taking time to stop and reevaluate things.

Scott cut out of work early too, and he came over to my apt and we watched cash cab. And I was very happy. And sorry Scott (or anyone in our group of friends) if you ever read this and this seems lame, but it's nice to feel like I've finally found the kind of friendship I've been missing here, where you can do absolutely nothing together and it doesn't matter. And I can say whatever I want, and although he probs doesn't like half the things I have to say, he puts up with me anyway, and I'm very grateful.

Then Bass and I went to Theology on Tap, which is very fun. And I'm also thankful for Bass. And sorry, once again, if you read this, but I feel like there is no topic of conversation off limits, and he is so knowledgeable about everything. I want to follow him around (in a non-creepy way) and learn his ways of awesomeness.

GREAT PEOPLE HERE IN MY LIFE.

I am also very thankful for my mom. She's absolutely crazy, but I love her so much. She said something very amazing on the phone earlier. I told her I left work early today and she was like wASKGJALKGJALKJG!!! I told her about all the stress and emotions I've been feeling. She told me to not worry, and here's why: She said God has laid this path out in front of me, and if I'm being called to help the sick of the world, then He isn't going to thwart that plan! This work is for Him, so He's going to take care of me. I needed to be reminded of that. Thanks, Mom!!

Now I'm here, NOT working on my essays today. I am going to watch The Big Bang Theory and The Office and take a long shower and go to bed.

This post was long, but too bad. It's my blog and I love it.

3 comments:

  1. your enthusiasm never ceases to make me smile!

    Also, this post was NOT long. Have you read other blogs?? This was a decent length.

    Also also, yay BBT and Office!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, too. :)
    I also love Groupons.
    I also love that kind of friendship where you don't have to do anything at all.
    And I love hanging out with myself. :) Although I do like people. But it is funny to remember how I used to think doing things alone was for people who had no friends. But really it's just for people who like doing whatever they want to do. etc. Yes.
    Excellent post, I'm so glad you had a good day!!

    ReplyDelete