Tuesday

October 12, 2010

Today was a great day!

I took a walk to the post office (which ended up being closed... haha) on the other campus, and on the walk I got to thinking about why I'm here where I am, and what I've learned since graduation. It ended up being pretty extensive, and it made me very happy to think about how far I've come in the 10 ish months. I've learned all sorts of stuff about relationships, the real world, myself, etc, and one of these days I'll write it all down. :)

Coming back from lunch, I shared an elevator with some lady who might have been me, but 20 years older. We both had crazy color/print lunch boxes (mine is pink zebra striped and hers was leopard print), we both had books, we both had mugs, and we both were coming in from eating outside. It made me smile.

In my attempt to out-walk Scott, I wore my new pedometer, and before I got to zumba, I had 16,000 steps? I'm debating the accuracy, because I took it off and left it in the cup holder of my car, so I don't know if the bumpiness of my car increased the number? I think the recommended minimum is 10,000 steps in a day, but I know I had over that, so that's pretty cool.

I made some pork tenderloin and rice pilaf for dinner, and they turned out really well!! Lots of leftovers for lunch tomorrow! It was funny because the rice pilaf box mix thing told me to bring the stuff 'just to a boil,' which doesn't really make much sense, but my roommate and I had a good laugh.

I also found some good recipes to try this week, and I'll post them if they are any good :) So I went to the store and almost everything on my list was on sale! I love when that happens!

Catching up on tv instead of writing essays was also a good choice. Good Guys, HIMYM, Glee. yay yay yay

No comments:

Post a Comment