Wednesday

October 27th, 2010

I saw my first opera today (thanks Groupon for a cheap awesome ticket)! Don Giovanni (Italian version of Don Juan) was fantastic, and it was nice to know the story beforehand, even though they had subtitles. I sat next to a really cute old couple. The lady started telling me about how they've had season tickets for the past 30 years. In one of the love songs, the old man held her hand. AWWWWWWWWWWWW :D

A bunch of things went wrong getting to the theatre/parking, but since this is my good thoughts journal, I will skip to the good part. I ended up RUNNING a block or two in my skirt and flats (thank goodness I opted not for heels), ran to the will call, and ran to my seat literally 2 seconds before they shut the door. If I would have walked, they wouldn't have seated me until after intermission. GREAT timing!

Serena is here from Italy!! She came to the lab to tell everyone hello, and it was very nice to see her!

1 comment:

  1. Aww. I LOVE GROUPON and all the things I've gotten to do because of it!!

    ReplyDelete