Wednesday

February 9, 2011

Joys from today:

1. Snow again. Went into work at 10. :)

2. I had another day of straight up hard work, and I got a lot done, including getting the results to the stuff I did with some of the tubes from yesterday. Chris was very happy with my work, fixed it up a little bit to show to our boss, who was very pleased with our preliminary results. Chris made it a point to note that these results were the product of "Emily's hard work today." I was happy someone noticed :)

3. Confirmation class was canceled, which was a total bummer, but I used that time to work on my UW research. I think I finally finished looking through enough faculty at UW to contact about their research and possible positions, so now I just need to start emailing. I was looking forward to teaching my first lesson, but things really worked out well for me!

4. Ray told me today that after he got to work, his car doors froze shut and his lunch was stuck inside. Poor Ray, but that's hilarious. :D

5. Nanny sent me a Valentine's Day card. She always puts $2 in it and says "Have a Coke on me." I can't wait to buy a Coke tomorrow. She also says that it makes her day when I call her. I think I'll call her tomorrow to thank her for the Coke. BEST GRANDMA EVER.

1 comment:

  1. Your grandma sounds ADORABLE.
    I guess it runs in the family. :D

    ReplyDelete