Wednesday

February 2, 2011

The best moments of today are very silly:

1. I was debating whether or not to go to work today, since the wind chill the morning was below 0 degrees. In my attempt to turn on the news and check how bad the roads were, I pushed the 'Power' button on my TV remote. At the exact moment, all of our lights/tv/fan/heater/etc shut off. I WAS FREAKING OUT. i.e. HOW DID I DO THAT?!

I was disappointed to find out about the rolling blackout schemes in Dallas today and that I did not, in fact, control electricity.

2. Since I didn't take my car yesterday, the hood and other parts were still covered with a pretty sweet layer of ice. Luckily, my windshield wasn't affected. Unluckily, all of my doors were iced shut and I seriously could not get into my car! Eventually, after some jiggling, I managed to get my passenger door cracked enough to pry it open and climb into the driver's seat. After about 15 minutes of letting the engine warm up enough to put on the defroster, I pulled out of my parking spot. About 10 yards later, my 'door ajar' light comes on. So all of the doors that were frozen shut apparently were not. Silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment