Tuesday

February 8, 2011

Today's little joys:

A. I've had 52 tubes of stuff for 2 separate experiments that needed to all go through this RNA isolation + cDNA synthesis process, which takes multiple hours and a lot of patience. All of my tubes started the day off at different stages of the process, but by the time the day was done, the final group was in the machine to finish the sequence, so I can do the real experiments tomorrow and have results by the end of the week! I've been gathering said tubes from various weeks of experiments, and it felt so nice to work hard all day and get these things finalized :) yay, science!

B. I bought a Barnes and Noble groupon the other day ($10 for $20 worth of stuff). On BN.com, I found a bunch of great stuff for super cheap! I bought Hook, The Breakfast Club, and Seasons 1 and 2 (I think those are the only 2 seasons?) of the British Office. If you bought $25, you got free shipping, so I went ahead and splurged. My total came to $27, so really I paid $17 for all that awesome stuff. And it shipped today, and I am excited!

C. Zumba.

D. YCP speaker event! The speaker tonight was this badass lawyer lady who only represents clients who make ethical decisions. She only decided to work with this firm because they let her have a family and didn't make her retire when she had kids. This lady was the freaking coolest. I want to be like her, except not a lawyer. She made it seem super easy to show your Catholic faith in the real world... very inspirational, and I want to be her friend. And there was this amazing pizza and sangria. And I was only 1 number off from wining an awesome raffle prize. I sighed really loudly and the MC guy was like "wow, just heard someone sigh. they must have had #82up43829." And I did. Jerk. Hahaha. Yay tonight.

2 comments:

  1. D. makes me happy! If you happen to remember her name or the firm she works for, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete