Sunday

December 5, 2010

I. I am truly thankful for the people I have in my life.

A. I am so grateful to have friends that I can call at 2 am when I am PISSED OFF who will actually take the time to listen to me rant and fume and yell. Wow. I really hope I can be that kind of friend to someone someday. Not that I'm wishing bad things to happen to anyone... but thanks, guys. :)

B. I'm also grateful to have friends that willingly come over to try my food when I get the strange notion to really COOK. My friends came over for this:

Pork Chops with Jalapeno-Pecan Cornbread Stuffing

Ingredients:
6 boneless loin pork chops, 1 inch thick (1 1/2 pounds)
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups unseasoned cornbread stuffing mix
1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 egg, slightly beaten

Trim excess fat from pork and discard. Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add pork; cook 10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove; set aside. Add onion, celery, pecans, jalapeno pepper, sage, rosemary and black pepper to skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until tender; set aside.

Combine cornbread stuffing mix, vegetable mixture and broth in medium bowl. Stir in egg. Spoon stuffing mixture into slow cooker. Arrange pork on top. Cover and cook on low about 5 hours or until pork is tender and barely pink in the center.


So it actually turned out pretty well :)

C. Joe/Amanda/Ryan/his gf came into town and we all ate lunch together :)

D. Allison had an apt warming party and I got to see some of the old UCC crowd. We had a fun time :)

E. I was anticipating going out later, but I fell asleep in my clothes in bed... and I felt silly when I woke up at 4 wearing some cute things. hahaha.

F. I had good runs yesterday AND today.

G. The deacon referenced a Beyonce song during the homily. HAHA.

H. Made some progress on Christmas shopping/errands/cleaning. Completely caught up on DVR. YAY.

GREAT WEEKEND

1 comment: