Sunday

December 12, 2010

Nothing beats good weekends :)

Friday was a good day at work, followed by a fast trip to Austin! I rolled into town, picked up my sister, went straight to Julia's, and then to EZ's for dinner :) MMMMMMMMMMM BURGERS AND CURLY FRIES. So great. She took us to Quack's, which is a little hipster bakery in Hyde Park that I didn't know existed, so we could get contraband baked goods for the movie we were about to see. Then we met Anna and saw THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA. Which inspired much quoting of the SNL skit from a few years back. We had fun. Julia's new name is Pees on Earth, and she bought an angel shaped cookie for Anna and I to share because we were her angels in LA 48 (?). My sister and I had fun making jokes about random things all night. She snuck me into her dorm to spend the night :)

Saturday we woke up, I bought BSB/NKOTB reunion tour tickets (OMG OMG OMG OMG), and then we spent the day in New Braunfels for our annual Vajdos Christmas family reunion. I used to think they were really boring growing up, but we've all come to really appreciate this time with our billion cousins and all sorts of people we don't remember. We had a really fun time, Mom won almost everything in the raffle, we got to ride the little train at the park with the little kids, and ate a zillion pounds of awesome food. Stephen won a bottle of whiskey, which was amazing because he dropped his name into the paper bag and said "this is the winning ticket, I feel it." And it was. Afterward, Rachie and I hung in the dorms for a little bit, reading (we call it Butt Club when we read books together... it originated as Book Club but somehow it devolved), and then we saw Tangled. SO GOOD!

Sunday! Posada at St. Austin's. I've never been to a real posada, and this one was pretty cool. We walked around to different doors of the church, and people were dressed up as Mary, Joseph, and angels. They stop and knock on the doors, asking if there is place for them at the "inns," and everyone turns them down except for the last door. Mass with Jamie, Ramon, Ray, and my sister, and then we met Vanessa and E for lunch. PHO! So good! Jamie has Just Dance II on Wii, so we played 2 songs, and then I left for Dallas. Now I've cleaned and done laundry, and looking forward to a great week :)

1 comment:

  1. Bahaha Butt Club, I love it. Glad you had a good trip to Austin! Looking forward to seeing you at some point over break, we'll have to fire up the googlegroup and see what everyone's plans are!

    ReplyDelete