Tuesday

March 8, 2011

DANG. The past 6 days of my life have been out of control. Here are some super fast highlights:

Thursday: Flew to Seattle! Figured out my way around the light rail and the Harborview medical center (in the rain), had meetings with Dr. Scott McClelland and Dr. Stephen Hawes (WHO IS SO AWESOME) about their research, etc, wandered around UW's super awesome campus (in the rain) then had a dinner with other prospective students/current students in the Epi department. SUPER EXCITING DAY! I'll try to elaborate later :)

Friday: Nice walk to campus (not raining), breakfast, info session, meeting with Dr. Rachel Winer, heard talks from professors, including Dr. Hawes from yesterday, and I paraphrase:

Dr. Hawes (whose research is mostly in STIs and HPV, which is what I want to do... I think): One girl I met with yesterday, I won't say her name so I won't embarrass her, loves chlamydia and is really excited about research it. Well Dr. so and so does this..... lakjs;gla

So it turns out I am STILL the chlamydia girl, years after my internship. LOVE IT.

Then later I met with Dr. Alyson Littman, and then my FAVE part of the day was spending a few hours wandering around downtown Seattle, the Pike Place Fish Market, and Capitol Hill. Met the group for happy hour, then met a friend, Kate, for chocolate, dinner, drinks, and good times with her friends. We really had a lot of fun, and it was so nice of her to take me under her wing! Wild salmon pot pie for dinner. YEAH. We went to their regular Friday bar and hilarity ensued. The end.

Saturday: Kate showed me some other cool places downtown, Space Needle area, etc, and then I flew back to Dallas, read a good chunk of Pride and Prejudice, beat Plants vs. Zombies on the plan, and then hung out iwth my bro and Alicia for awhile, then fell asleep.

Sunday: Drove to Houston, hung with my mom and played wii together. AND SHE BOUGHT ME A NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2007 Saturn Ion. It's so awesome. I am SO HAPPY.

Monday: Visited UT SPH. It was way cooler than I thought it would be. Meeting with Dr. Christine Markham and Dr. Ross Shegog, both WAY freaking cool. Two super cool students showed me around. It was a really nice trip. then went back to my dad's and ate sushi and watched Denzel movies with my dad :)

Today: Drove back to Dallas, regrouped and got life back to normal.

GREAT DAYS! ADVENTURE! I could type for days about the good things about the trip, but I hope that catches the main ideas :)

2 comments: