Sunday

March 20, 2011

THIS WEEKEND WAS SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO GREAT.

Lisa and Rebekkah, 2 of my old roommates/BFFs from college came to Dallas to hang out for the weekend :) I LOVE THEM. We had so much fun! It isn't so much what we did, it was just being together that was fun!

Friday: We went out to a bar in uptown after unsuccessfully trying to meet up with some other friends + brother, but we landed a nice patio table at the MAT, and Elizabeth joined us after her party dispersed for the night. Afterward, we went to Pluckers, and BK got wings and Lisa let me pick off her chips and salsa.

Saturday: I woke up a few hours before the other girls, so I sat out on my balcony to enjoy the beautiful morning and read Memoirs of a Geisha, which is so good I can hardly put it down! After they got up, we ate and went to this part of town my cousin, Karen, told me about called the Bishop Arts District, which is an old historic part of town that got into a lot of trouble with drugs and crime and what not, so they are trying to rebuild and gentrify it. It has some really cool shops, like this homemade/crazy chocolate store (one of their most popular is dark chocolate + blue cheese + sea salt... SO GOOD), homemade soaps/stuff boutique, and this super cool place called The Soda Gallery, where they basically have every soda imaginable, plus places to sit and Chinese checkers. Then we went to our first softball game of the spring, and we DESTROYED the other team. The lady umpire had a huge stick up her butt, and it was fun to watch people on our team talk back to her and piss her off. C Bass brought the boom box and played silly walk up songs, and everyone was happy and having a good time. Kate joined us, and we all went back, showered, and went to dinner at Kate's fave place in Dallas, Veracruz. At the end of dinner, this sprinker by a tree behind Kate and BK went off and soaked them and their stuff... and it was hilarious. We ended up just sitting around my apartment, talking and joking for the rest of the night, and it was AWESOME. And playing Bananagrams. AWESOME.

Sunday: We went to the botanical gardens in Fort Worth to walk around and see the pretty flowers. Not everything was in full bloom yet, but there were some beautiful poppies, pansies, a few roses, flowering dogwoods and my new favorite, chinese wisteria. We went into the Japanese garden there, which was amazingly beautiful. They left, I went and laid out by the pool, and some random guy brought me a beer and invited me to come lay by him and all these girls, so I did and it was awkward since they didn't talk to me and I didn't talked to them. I talked to Diana on the phone, drank my beer, and left, and nobody noticed. Funny?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty rad weekend! And Memoirs is totally great!! Have you seen the movie? Also, great - GORGEOUS, though I feel like they leave out half the book, especially the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a great weekend! :) Funny about the people at the pool... it's strange going to a public/community pool after so many years of being able to lounge alone by my parents'! But... free beer? :)

    ReplyDelete