Monday

March 21, 2011

Why today was awesome:

1. I downloaded some ecoupons onto my Kroger card, and along with coupons I clipped from a few weekends ago, I saved $8 at the store. Granted, I bought a lot of things that I didn't need right then (but there were lots of coupons for shampoo and feminine products... and shoot, we gotta use all that sooner or later), so that was fun! yay saving a little money!

2. I'm cooking dinner for Travis tomorrow night, so now my kitchen/room/bathroom are clean, papers are organized (for the most part), etc. Not that boys notice for the most part, but I'm hoping to make a good impression, and I feel that my apartment is now good-impression-worthy.

3. I got really sunburned at the pool yesterday, but thanks to aloe vera, the wonder plant, I am just a little pink today. I think I may avoid peeling altogether!

4. I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT VISITING THE UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH ON THURSDAY. I have a really really good feeling about this place before I even get there. Maybe I'm just excited to have these visits done so I can make a decision? Either way, I'm looking forward to a new adventure :)

5. As I just wrote that, Evangeline just sent a message to me and some of her Pitt friends asking them to adopt me and be my friend for the trip. YAY!!! I am so excited!! Seriously, Evangeline, you are phenomenal, and I hope we end up in Pittsburgh together :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that as soon as I head to Dallas you are leaving!! That is okay, though, we will enjoy whatever time we have that overlaps :) I remember picking schools was really scary and exciting. I'm so proud of you for applying so many out of state places! I think it's a really incredible feeling to strike out and go somewhere a little farther away for grad school.

    Also I'm definitely down for getting an MPH after my JD. New life goal: accumulate as many acronyms after my name as possible. GO!

    ReplyDelete