Tuesday

August 24, 2010

Today is my 3/4 birthday.

During lab meeting, I took down my ponytail. My bangs are too short to fit in there, so I have to use a bobby pin. I hooked my bobby pin to the pocket of my lab coat, thinking I'd put it back in later when I had a mirror. I stared at that bobby pin, saying to myself, "You're going to lose it, you better put it somewhere else," but I decided against it. Well, I lost it and was sad. Later, I found it in the break room on the floor, and all happiness was restored.

The guy who gave me a tour of the YMCA when I went to go join was working the front desk, and he immediately recognized me and started up a conversation, which makes me really happy. Turns out, he's a professional musician and plays piano in a blues band, and he invited me to their next show. The Zac Harmon Band. Check these guys out, they sound awesome. That is reason #1 why the YMCA made my day.

Reason #2: I walked into the locker room to change into my workout gear. There on the floor, were my polka-dotted Sketchers! Apparently, I left them there yesterday and didn't even realize it! There they were, just waiting patiently for me to return! I was so happy to see my shoes, even though they are old, beat up, and smelly (no wonder nobody stole them, right)!

Reason #3: ZUMBA. The girl who teaches it is phenomenal, and oddly she reminds me of Christmas Eve from Avenue Q. So much fun! One of the songs we did an ab work out was Lean Like a Cholo, and seriously, if that song doesn't make your day, I don't want to be your friend.

I also got to catch up with Laura up in Michigan who just finished her MPH and is now getting a couple of exciting job offers!! So happy for her!

Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment